Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Castle Hill/Cave Stream



It has really been awhile since we posted last. We have been busy at work and have only taken 1 weekend trip since we've been back. These are a few of the photos from our weekend away...only a day trip to Arthur's Pass to go to Cave Stream. Hard to explain but you dress in warm clothes (wetsuit optional) and put a headlamp on your head...you wade into the icey river and spelunk your way against the current through the cave. There are waterfalls you climb up, gorgeous rock formations, beautiful calm pools, and side hallways to explore...really different and neat. The water was crystal clear and very tempting to drink! At the end (well actually the beginning of the cave) there is a big waterfall and you climb up metal rungs (man-made, ha) and shimmy under a rock overhang holding onto a chain to get out. Out into the bright sunshine after being in a pitch black dark cave for an hour!
Afterwards we drove about 1 mile and went to Castle Hill...a hill with lots of random, enormous boulders. I think we were 4 of the only people not going to rock climb/go bouldering (which is actually a sport).
I will post some more pictures...we didn't take our camera in the cave so I will have to get Jonny or Cat's pictures of inside.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blaine,
How did you get talked into that really gay looking picture.
??

Anonymous said...

It was totally my idea!

Blaine and Kate said...

Okay, I don't think it was my idea, but who wrote that? and....the picture is photoshopped; I'm not actually giving a thumbs up.

Blaine

Anonymous said...

Can we get some blogging about Kellye's trip?

Anonymous said...

Wesley wrote that. Who did you think wrote it?

Anonymous said...

I actually forged Blaine's name, sorry. I think it was my idea, I know...gay.
Kellye is coming?