Wednesday, May 07, 2008


Ketchup



  • Ketchup is the most widely used condiment in the United States. Ketchup can be found in 97% of all kitchens--a showing matched only by salt, pepper, and sugar.

  • H.L. Heinz is the king of Ketchup, claiming 56.7% of the ketchup market in 1994.

  • Children under the age of 13 consume 50% more ketchup than people in other age groups.

  • Ice cream makers Baskin Robbins tried Ketchup Ice Cream. They refer to it as the only vegetable flavored ice cream they ever made. After making several gallons of the stuff, they soon realized it would not sell...

  • That Ketchup is great for restoring the glow to copper pots and pans? The acid in the ketchup recipe helps to remove the tarnish and bring out the shine.

You now have your fill of random facts about ketchup, Blaine's favourite condiment. He even puts ketchup on macaroni and cheese! Yuck. Luckily we don't have to import this item...but if I don't have a spare in the cabinet at all times then you'd think the world was ending.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm reading this great post on ketchup and I saw something a little confusing at the bottom....Kate, tell me how you spell favorite? It's bad when you start to spell things kiwi style.

other weird words: paediatrition, labour, colour, words with -ize are usually -ise; I can't even tell what is right anymore.

Anonymous said...

It's bad when you two have to communicate on a blog site. Have you been seeing a counselor about it?

Anonymous said...

Blaine, please don't forget to put the recycle out in the morning.
k

Matt Broome said...

These comments make me laugh...

Anonymous said...

WE...forgot to put the recycle out. I guess we will have a ridiculous amount next week.

How's work going?

Sarah Sharp said...

I think Brad could beat Blaine in his ketchup use and abuse. He puts it on stuff before he even tries it to see how it tastes! He has put it on Chinese takeout and pizza. I was pretty grossed out when he squirted it over broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken. Ketchup broccoli - yuck! I do have to agree that a tiny bit tastes good with mac and cheese though. I think I accidentally got some on it and ate it anyway, then decided I liked it. Cute post!