Sunday, September 07, 2008

SNOW DAY!!




We had a fun Saturday snow skiing with friends at Mt. Hutt. It is about 1 1/2 hours drive from our house (better than the 24 hours to Colorado from MS). They had received 40 cm of fresh powder over the last few days, so it was great skiing but hard work! Blaine and I will admit that we took a few tumbles. I only had one beginner skiier knock me down as he got off the lift for his 1st time! The feeling of dread begins when you are on the lift and the person next to you tells his friend "o.k. now let me explain to you how to get off this lift...you hold your poles in one hand..."! I knew I was doomed and even with a headstart he still managed to put his skiis on top of mine. Oh well.

It was one of those days that made us feel like we never want to leave New Zealand.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun. How does NZ snow compare with Colorado's?
DB

gary said...

Hey guys, looks like great fun! Good to see you enjoying youself so far from home. I kind of liked those trips from Ms to Co. Would like for us to do it again sometimes before I get to old.

Gary & Natalie