Monday, November 13, 2006

Outdoor Pics




I have been trying to work on my photography skills and thought I would "display" a few.
We had a good weekend. Saturday we attended our first New Zealand BBQ at Emilie and Ben's house (Emilie is the French girl I work with at the hospital and her husband is a physician at the hospital). Also attending were Petra(Germany) and Tim, Marion(S.Africa) and Justin...two of the other nurses I work with and their Kiwi spouses. It was different to hear Emilie speak French to her 4 and 3 year old children and to hear them speak back in French and then to us in English. We had some interesting
conversations and even dared to discuss politics. I will say that we were the only ones who said anything positive concerning President Bush. We kept thinking we were over staying our welcome but ended up being invited to stay for over 7 hours!

Sunday morning we took our books to the Botanical Gardens. Church was at 1 p.m. then the boys went golfing. I decided to tackle the Port Hills on my mtn bike and found a dirt trail back down to the bottom (this is where the rays through the clouds picture was taken). After all of our physical activity we decided to ruin the healthy lifestyle and gorged ourselves on Dominos pizza.

Tomorrow we all have off work to go to the horse races, Show Day. So we will have an update and some pictures in a few days!

2 comments:

Paige DeAngelo said...

Okay Blaine, I get what you were saying about horse races now. Can't wait to see some pics!!

Anonymous said...

kate you gotta splurge for pizza every now and then :)