Saturday, November 11, 2006

Slight Change in Plans

Okay folks...here is the latest news. I recently interviewed for a job with Holcim cement, here in Christchurch, for a position as an Alternative Fuels and Raw Materials Coordinator. They are a great international company with operations all over the world including the US. They narrowed the search down to two people after the second round of interviews and then presented me with a decision to make. In the meeting, Holcim discussed the issue of longevity with the company and asked me to make a decision based on if we could commit to 3-5 years in New Zealand. After much thought and prayer I told Holcim that I would only be able to commit to 2 years based on the short time that we have lived in Christchurch. Well...apparently that answer was acceptable and they offered me the job. So, I guess that means that our plans have changed a little and we will be in NZ for at least 2 more years.

What does this mean...more time for everyone to come and visit!

We are planning a trip home next Christmas, so we will be able to see most of our friends and family. *Sarcasm* I know that there are a lot of teary eyes hearing this news, since we are such amazing people and people can't help but miss us terribly. For all of you, we will be back...you don't have to go into a deep depression; we give you permission to go about your lives as normally as you can without us. *End of Sarcasm* We will keep in touch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

....and we will be there with bells on, just a little bit after Kate's BD. So, Kate, you will have to wait unitl March for your BD gift....and I know how you hate waiting for surprises! And since I am retiring with your Dad,BT III, maybe we can stay a little longer-you"ll have to invite us to leave(Remember that saying about guests and fish)....It IS true! Kate, Clinton is now 9-3 beating Tupelo last night. They will be playing No 1, South Panola next week. No, BT, I have not lost it; I think your dad or Stephen is winning me over to sports watching! Love you guys a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck.

Wendy Frady said...

Blaine, Congratulations on your new job! You guys are really something, you know?? You two are living out your dreams, and I hope you treasure every moment you have to be together over there. You are going to look back on your trip many years from now and the memories.....oh, the memories you will have. Give my love to your most beautiful wife.

Paige DeAngelo said...

Whatever. I don't know what everyone is so happy about. I am at all excited or happy for you two. You belong in America, not in a foreign country with a bunch of fruit.

Just kidding! Guess I better start planning a trip to the other side of the world so I can meet my boy twin.