Sunday, May 27, 2007

Hiking in the Port Hills


view of Lyttleton Harbor from the top


The Rock Cliff we hiked to the top of


Jonny, Blaine and me (terrible pic of me) at the top


We had a fun Saturday hike in the Port Hills (sort of in our backyard) with Tyler, Amber, and Jonny. It was so beautiful from the top, very windy! Blaine led us "astray" on the way down but it wasn't really much longer. The saddleback trail led up a ridge where we could see the Canterbury Plains/Southern Alps and the Pacific Ocean/Harbor on the other. There was an unobstructed 360 degree view at the top. Blaine was practicing his new photography skills. We just ordered a DSLR camera (don't ask me what it stands for), some fancy new electronic that Blaine has researched. I will bring it back from the States after I visit. I think Blaine will be more excited about getting the camera than he will be to see me!

No comments: