Friday, May 11, 2007

Our Weekend Hike


Amber and Tyler (Our California friends)


View from Taylor's Mistake Beach (where Amber/Tyler live)


Our View (again)



We had a fun half day hike around the Port Hills right outside Christchurch. The fall weather has been gorgeous lately. We sat and had a picnic and watched the sailboats coming through Lyttleton Harbor. It was such a fun day and ended by going to Amber/Tyler's favorite Mexican restaurant in Sumner. Cheese dip, beans and rice and enchiladas!!! So good. Then we had a slumber party at our house and watched movies. They will be moving back to the States in August so we have to pack in as much fun as possible!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate I'm so glad you guys are STILL having such a great time. When is your exact date for visiting back home? Well you will never believe it, I graduate this Friday!! I have waited so long for this day!

Anonymous said...

congrats Carrie!!! I remember so well the feeling of relief and excitement. We had a bonfire to burn our books and dance around it chanting "we hate nursing school"...not really but we talked about it. will you be at Select? Take care of Brad for me.

Anonymous said...

I will not be staying at Select, don't think that's what I want right now. I have been there for 3 years and need a change. I haven't seen Brad in a very long time. I thought someone told me he was going back to Iraq (but I could be wrong). Trust me, the thought of burning the books crossed my mind many times, but instead I returned them and made $200!! :)