Friday, August 18, 2006


We finally had a day to see a little of the outer regions of Christchurch today. After checking out of our hotel, we took the bus downtown to visit the Immigration office and go by to finalize our rental property. Everyone knows of my(Kate) love for Mexican food, so we searched the city and found The Burrito Company (sort of like Moe's)...it was excellent and I will definitely be revisiting. We then took the bus to Southshore and walked out on the beach and on the New Brighton Pier and watched all the fishermen (one even caught a baby shark). [Mrs. Totty, rest assured the shark was unharmed and returned to his ocean home safely]

We spent the night with Johnny and dined on fish and chips for supper. Took a night drive up into the mountains to get a view of the city...so beautiful. It is nice to have a friend with a car to show us around. Saturday night we will move in with our realtor and get settled into our temporary home! More news later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you really wanted some mississippi catfish.
b

Anonymous said...

Kate and Blaine:

What great pictures. The scenery there is beautiful. I'm already worried about you staying warm. Wish we could blow some hot air your way because we have plenty of it down here. Take care of yourselves. We miss you here at Meadowbrook but know you are doing great things for the Lord in that area.

Anonymous said...

BRRR! Makes me cold, sitting here in my sleeveless clothes to see all that snow. Gorgeous! I will have to add "knackered" to my vocabulary - sounds very Brrritish.