Saturday, August 19, 2006




We had the most exciting day so far in New Zealand! We woke up to a breakfast of soy milk and granola (Blaine’s first time to have soy milk). After much discussion, we realized soy milk is definitely the way to go—the milk we drank expires May 2007! We all showered and headed off for new explorations. Johnny took us on the drive that he takes most tourists…it is one of those drives that would never get old (as you can tell from the pics). We had lunch in Sumner along the beach; the weather was cool with a strong breeze. This is definitely one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen; Switzerland might come close. Johnny can whip his 4WD car around the winding mountain roads, skimming past all the cyclists within inches. After witnessing this, I have decided that it would NOT be in my best interest to take on the challenge of biking up these mountain roads. We got back into town after many scenic drive stops and visited Johnny’s sister, Megan and her husband, Sam, who live 5 minutes from where our flat will be. It is great to meet a girl to chat with since I have only been around guys for the last 4 days. We are about to go out for Thai food and watch the rugby game of All Blacks team (New Zealand) versus Australia. I know nothing about rugby so I will educate you all after my lesson tonight. We have tons of pictures from today, so check out tomorrow and hopefully I will figure out how to load a short video as well.

6 comments:

crowbarred said...

Hey! Welcome to New Zealand, you will love it.

Anonymous said...

Dad and I check your blog frequently - we feel like we are with you in a small way - thanks for the great trip! All is fine here - just panting from the heat.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful world God has created on the other side! I want to come NOW! I think this beats even Switzerland, BT. We may reach 100 today-nothing is stirring-not even the birds. Charles is coming down today to move furniture to the farm - I think I'll just watch. Emma has learned to growl now from Litl Bit-what I always told you, BT, about bad company is true - even for cats!

Anonymous said...

Hello Tottys, I am so excited for you 2. Beautiful country, cool weather, lots to see. We are so proud for you both. You may be surprised to see more than your mother and father coming to visit you early next year (the whole gang). Take care - we love you. Kathy

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say, Your blog leaves me speachless. Mikey

Anonymous said...

Hey Blaine & Kate, It's Saturday night, sooooo guess where we are? Sounds like you're having a great time and certainly seeing some beautiful sites. One of our preachers in Nashville lived and preached in Christ Church and Duneden (sp?) before moving back to the states and always talked about how beautiful and clean everything in New Zealand is. From your photos, looks like he wasn't exagerating. Another missionary from Alabama told us he only warmed up about one week of the two years he lived there! We look forward to hearing and seeing more. Take care. Ken