Friday, September 01, 2006

Game Day
And football season has officially begun! Just because we are 6,000+ miles away from the Southeast region of the US doesn't mean we are going to miss football season. Blaine has been researching if there was a place that played the American ESPN channel to watch MSU vs South Carolina since we arrived here. The stars must have all aligned because a sports bar named the "Holy Grail" was the one place we found. Blaine woke up extra early (not before my 5:45 a.m. alarm clock) and stitched his MSU hat back together. I was able to get an hour off for lunch and walked over to watch. When I arrived Blaine had befriended an Australian guy and turned him into a MSU fan so that he would not be alone. Johnny pulled up to join the fun on his motorcycle with his "leathers" on just as I was headed back to the hospital. We will not discuss the game however. Overall it was a fun experience of spreading more of the Western culture to the other side of the world...American football.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...your "Dawgs" didn't do so hot last night! Maybe next time. But...there is still hope for a MISSISSIPPI team...The Rebels kick it off Sunday. HOTTY TOTTY!! :)

Paige DeAngelo said...

No worries KaBlaine...here in NYC we had the same experience. No win, but lots of fun showing Northerners how we do it in the South.

Anonymous said...

Your Dad and I stayed up to the bitter end- I didn't think Spurrier could win in our stadium! We did enjoy the thought that we were sharing game at the same time 6,000+ miles away. I'll try to support your team with the Gosa, Brooks,Hosford, Countis,Kellum gang Sunday. Surelly there must be good things to come!

Anonymous said...

I do know how to spell "surely"!

Blaine and Kate said...

I would like to say something since this is my website. I am now banning any talk about the "other" university in mississippi (if you could call it that). well, that is unless it is of the bashing type.

Anonymous said...

GO REBS!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the loss that your alma mater experienced on Thursday. Believe me, Ben is a little bitter about it, too. I am happy to say, however, that the Rebs pulled out a win over the Memphis Tigers. I enjoyed it immensely while Ben and I chowed down on Buffalo Wings! Hotty Toddy!